Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm Honored!

Imagine my surprise this morning to wake up and find a "google alert" in my mailbox that this blog - my blog - is among the Top Ten Low-Carb Movers & Shakers of 2005!

The list, compiled by Jimmy Moore who writes Livin' La Vida Low-Carb, includes many I have great respect for - Jonny Bowden, Lora Ruffner and Neal Beaty, Dana Carpender and Andrea Mondello - all were educating consumers about low and controlled-carb long before it was fashionable, and I have the honor to know personally. These are folks who were there long before low-carb was trendy and remain even after the storm - and all share my own respect for the scientific evidence that shows controlled-carb nutrition is an effective approach to weight loss and maintenance as well as improving health.

In addition Jimmy included Dr. Michael Eades and Dr. Mary Dan Eades who authored Protein Power - two incredible people who have worked hard to educate consumers for well over a decade now about the benefits of protein in the diet. I've recently added Dr. Mike's blog to my list of recommended blogs.

From across the pond, one of my favorite people, Hannah Sutter made the list with her business partner, Kevin Dorren! Yeah Hannah & Kevin! They started a company called GoLower! to create nutritious selections of protein bars and snacks. Her company and its products are one of the few I will personally recommend because Hannah is doing it right - she pays attention to the ingredients used and the nutrient-density! Hannah's blog is also among my recommended links.

Lastly, Jimmy included a few I am less familiar with, but after a quick review of their sites - they too are providing good information I recommend you take some time to read...Andrew DiMinio who is President and Founder of CarbSmart; Jacqueline Eberstein, R.N who co-authored Atkins Diabetes Revolution; and Julia Harvey who is a master motivator at eDiets.com and author of Awaken the Diet Within.

Thank you Jimmy and congratulations to all who were named on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment