Friday, April 13, 2007

The MIsadventures of Dieting in America

If you're like most Americans, you're bombarded each day with headlines that completely contradict other headlines:

---

---

---

---

---

---

---


Is it any wonder we're confused about how to lose weight?

I sometimes wonder if the mass confusion, conflicting headlines, contrary opinions and such is by design. No, really, I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but, keep in mind, it is highly profitable to keep people fat, and sick, and coming back for more help isn't it?

So, how do we cut through the confusion and contradictions and simply eat right?

As Fred Hahn said it in a recent reply to comments on his blog regarding calories in, calories out - "Fat loss and health is NOT a numbers game - it's a hormonal game. And a game that requires full understanding of the rules."

Monday we'll begin to lay out those rules!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 PM

    It takes a lot of doing the wrong things sometimes to make you appreciative of the right way to do things. Diets in particular.

    This week alone I've read that hot lemon water and 64 ounces of water/cranberry juice mix will detox me and make me lose 10 pounds. Instead, I ate bacon and eggs and dropped 2 1/2 pounds in 2 days. That's 2 1/2 pounds I haven't lost for 4 months. So, how many headlines were right vs. Dr. Atkins book? Oh yeah, none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, not more rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of the problem is that different people have different results. I guess that is what makes us individuals! I have lost 150 lbs., but mostly thanks to exercise and eating less.

    ReplyDelete