Online Christian over at Low-Carb Lolygagging tagged me last week to post 8 random things about me. Once I've posted that, I'm supposed to tag eight more people to do the same. Here goes:
1. I love to cook, but hate cleaning up afterward....anyone who knows me, knows I can cook up a storm - but leave a kitchen disater in the wake - in preparing one meal, I can use every pot, pan, knife, bowl (you get the idea) available....and cleaning up will take longer than eating the meal did!
2. My newest nickname was born through my nephew; when he was learning to talk he'd babble at me "rah rah"....now, almost six years later I'm "aunt rah-rah" to him and my neice, and "rah-rah" has pretty much stuck with my husband, sister, brother-inlaw, some friends...even my son sometimes calls me "mama rah-rah"
3. Since we moved (just over a year ago) I still haven't figured out what I'd like to do for color in our home - every wall remains platinum white and just begs for color....oh, I have ideas, I just can't seem to commit to any color yet!
4. Four years (plus some) after getting married, my passport remains in my maiden name - it's finally going to expire, so I'll need to renew and change my name on it now...my reason for keeping my maiden name on it was nothing more than not wanting to have to pay to change my name.
5. I can't bring myself to eat scrambled eggs without ketchup; all because when I was a kid (ripe old age of four) I had a stomach bug and did the projectile vomit thing at breakfast one morning and in my kid-think-mind it was the eggs, not a stomach virus, that made me sick. To this day I cannot eat plain scrambled eggs without ketchup on them.
6. I can't sing (doesn't stop me, although now when my son says "mommy noooo" I will stop), can't dance, can't whistle or play an instrument.
7. I like to tinker with HTML and website design. My latest tinkering is with the website for my husband's practice at Mid-Missouri Reproductive Medicine & Surgery - it's not quite finished, but you can see it in the link.
8. I'm still amazed and surprised when I find I'm included in someone's blogroll or mentioned in an article that links back here - I started this blog as, well, a hobby...and am thrilled it's reached the level of readership it has; but the bigger surprise to me is that others link here! So, thanks!
And now I'm tagging:
Dr. Jonny Bowden
PJ, the Divine Low-Carb